Parish Council activities fall into these main categories:
- Representing the local community
- Delivering services to meet local needs
- Improving quality of life and community well-being.
- Local councils can provide and maintain a variety of important and visible local services including allotments, bridleways, bus shelters, car parks, commons and open spaces, community transport schemes, community safety and crime reduction measures, events and festivals, footpaths, leisure and sports facilities, litter bins, planning, street cleaning and lighting, tourism activities, traffic calming measures, village greens and youth projects. (Services in bold are applicable to Monxton)
- Parish councils receive funding by levying a ‘precept’ on the council tax paid by the residents of the parish. Parish councils comprise unpaid councillors who are elected to serve for four years. However, councillors can serve for more or less time than this.
Parish councils must be notified by the district, borough or county council of:
- All planning applications in their areas
- Intention to provide a burial ground in the parish
- Proposals to carry out sewerage works
- Footpath and bridleway (more generally, ‘rights of way’) surveys
- Intention to make bye-laws in relation to hackney carriages, music and dancing, promenades and street naming
The Monxton Parish Council meets quarterly at the Monxton Village Hall. Meetings are open session and parishioners are very welcome to attend.
The Parish Councillors work on a voluntary basis and interface with Test Valley Borough Council in matters concerning the village.
Mike Cleugh – Chair
Rectory Cottage, Amport Road, Monxton
Tel: 01264 710276 / 07836 792545
(Portfolio: Footpaths , Lenghtsman & Sunnybank)
Lilac Cottage, Monxton Rd, Monxton
(Portfolio: Village Hall)
Monxton Manor, Monxton
Tel: 01264 711 087 / 07775 740 833
Tel: 01264 773976
Reporting to the Parish Council:
Rob Hays – MonxtonFootpaths@gmail.com
Parish Council Meetings:
- Submit a Point for Discussion at the Parish Council meeting
- View the minutes of previous parish council meetings
- See what the current issues are for Monxton Parish Council
- MPC Standing Orders (rules of conduct for councillors)
Parish Council meetings are held quarterly in the Village Hall on Tuesdays at 7.30pm.
The remaining dates for 2022 are:
- Tuesday 12th July 2022, Tuesday 11th October 2022
Test Valley Borough Council:
Local County Councillor (Andover West):
Chris Donnelly (Conservative)
Local Borough Councillor (Amport Ward):
Maureen Flood (Conservative) email@example.com
David Coole (Andover Alliance)
Member of Parliament (North-West Hampshire):
Kit Malthouse (Conservative)