This is a message sent via Hampshire Alert. This information has been sent on behalf of Hampshire Constabulary. Message sent by Storm Perrott (Police, PCSO, Test Valley District)
At this time of year we see a rise in the number of theft from motor vehicle incidents, particularly from beauty spot car parks.
Please see the following information for crime prevention advice
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don’t have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there’s nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website (see right).
- Do not store your car’s documents in the car.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
- More information about alarms can be found on the Thatcham and Sold Secure websites.