Parish Council Minutes 12th October 2021

Present: Cllr M Cleugh – Chairman 

               Cllr P Kitson – Vice Chairman

               Cllr H Corroon

               Cllr C Barbone                 

               Heather Bourner – Parish Clerk  

               Test Valley Borough Councillor Mrs Maureen Flood

               1 Members of the Public

Apologies:

Apologies for absence had been received from HCC Chris Donnelly & Cllr J Hooper           

1.WELCOME.

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2.DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Corroon declared an interest in a planning application for tree works at his property.

3.PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.

There were no comments from the member of public present.

4.MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman agreed to sign the minutes of the previous meetings of 13th July 2021 as a true record. All agreed.

5.VILLAGE HALL UPDATE

Cllr Kitson confirmed the CIL funding has now been agreed. Some costs to start the process have been agreed by the hall management committee and work on obtaining full quotes for the work to demolish the old hall and build the new has now begun.

A few bookings of the hall remain in place however the boiler has been condemned and there is therefore no heating. Some temporary heaters have been purchased.

Some tree works around the hall have taken place but there are still some trees that need to be felled. Concerns have also been raised about the wall between the hall and Bec House which has been damaged by tree roots. Cllr Cleugh will write to the property owners.

The Clerk summarised the village hall finance as below

Village Hall Bank Reconciliation

Current account               £18851.03

Savings account              £53833.42

Parish Council held

Village hall fund               £12040.77

Total available                  £84725.22

Note that application to register hall with Land Registry has been made.

6.PLANNING.

Applications since previous meeting: –

21/02109/erection of 3 bay garage, Millcroft, Chalkpit Lane-withdrawn

21/02167/FULLN demolish existing rear & side extensions & replace-, Cambridge Cottage- no objections

21/02648/TREEN reductions to Red Cedar-Bec House- no objections

Applications to be considered

21/02832/TREEN-tree works, Monxton Manor – no objections

21/02935/TREEN- tree works Monxton Manor– no objections

21/02935/TREEN-tree works Manor Farm- no objections

Confirmation of outcome from TVBC

21/02336/TREEN & 21/02284- Tree works, Bec House -no objections

21/01418/FULLN-retrospective change of use application & erection of stable block, Pegasus Stables-permission

Cllr Barbone reported on a meeting with the owners of Amport House to discuss the planning application submitted. Monxton Parish Council had submitted objections to the traffic management plan for the application and the owner confirmed that a new plan will be submitted to Hampshire Highways.

7.Sunnybank & footpaths

Cllr Barbone said There has been a marked increase in dog mess on footpaths which is not being picked up by dog owners.

Problems with footpath 7 have been reported to HCC but no reply has been received at present.

8.Traffic Monitoring

Cllr Hooper provided a full report of data recovered from the speed watch camera positioned at Sunnybank. The data shows a considerable volume of traffic using the roads but the average speed of traffic remains fairly low at 32mph, although there are still some vehicles regularly exceeding the national limit of 60mph.

A recent survey of traffic in the High Street showed a significant volume of traffic to be delivery vans which is expected to increase when building work commences at Amport House. Tanker movements have reduced considerably.

The very large pothole in the High Street has now been repaired.

9. Environment

Cllr Corroon reported on a recent pan Parish Council meeting regarding the issues with over pumping and sewage at the Pilhill Brook. The group have engaged with Southern Water and are addressing the following 6 commitments:

1. Capital investment for wastewater infrastructure

2. Assurances re quality of the water in Pillhill Brook and transparency of the water testing

3. Compliance with the EA regulatory requirements via Infiltration Reduction Plan (IRP)

4. Commitment to over-pump only when necessary to prevent damage to customers

5. Consultation with affected PCs before execution of any further temporary works

6. Continued engagement and communications with customers, PCs and TVBC representatives re future plans.

Work has commenced surveying pipework and where these are damaged to repair them. The UV disinfection trials have proved to be successful and work to improve the Infiltration Reduction Plans has now commenced. There has also been significant improvement in communication which will continue to be developed. While it is likely that tankering work will be required this winter significant improvements have been made so this should be less than in previous years and cause much less disturbance to residents.

10.FINANCE

To note balance in Lloyds bank as at 30/09/21 £29525.78

i)Resolved: that the following payments be approved and transactions authorised

Payments to agree-

Clerks salary £112.47 per month and HMRC £28.12 payments by SO August to October

Payments to lengthsman July to September £725.00

Clerks Expenses (Aug) £29.53

Payments to be made by bank transfer

Clerks expenses (Sep & Oct) £23.35

Carl Cafferty (lengthsman Oct) £300.00

12.Borough & County Councillor Reports.

HCC Chris Donnelly was absent.

TVBC Councillor Maureen Flood reported as follows

Waste Collection

In the coming years, the landscape of waste collection systems across Hampshire and indeed across the country will see considerable change. On Tuesday, October 19th, Test Valley’s Cabinet will consider a proposal to change our waste and recycling collections that will see glass, most plastics and food waste collected from your bins by the end of next year.

TVBC: Andover cultural regeneration plans

Proposals approved at a 29th September cabinet meeting will see TVBC invest more than £200k in town centre events over an initial 18-month period. The Council will work closely with partners to drive up footfall to support businesses and encourage economic recovery post-pandemic, paving the way for the upcoming town centre regeneration following the adoption of the masterplan in 2020.

13.Any other business –

There was no other business

14.CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

15.DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 11th January 2022, 7.30pm

Have your say...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.