Monxton Parish Council Minutes July 12th 2022

Minutes of the Monxton Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 12th July 2022, 7.30pm at Monxton Village Hall

Present: Cllr Mike Cleugh – Chairman                 

               Cllr Cathy Barbone

               Cllr Hugh Corroon

               Heather Bourner – Parish Clerk                  

               6 Members of the Public

Apologies:

Apologies for absence had been received from Cllr P Kitson & HCC Chris Donnelly.

1.WELCOME.

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2.DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

There were no declarations of interest.

3.PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.

The planning advisor on behalf of the new owners of the Black Swan said the new owners were planning to make a temporary application to allow domestic use of the building while details are gathered to enable them to make an application for permanent change in use.

Cllr Cleugh explained how previous applications had failed and the Parish Council had objected because the viability of the pub had never been tested. He explained that villagers were concerned as the building was attached to the car park and village green although neither of these had been sold with the building. The feeling was that losing the village green would be devastating. The marketing of the building at first included the car park but this was withdrawn, it never included the village green. There is much speculation as to why this method was used.

Concerns were also raised that a grade two listed building was being allowed to deteriorate. The owners confirmed they have taken advice from a structural engineer and have had some repairs carried out to maintain the building so that no further deterioration will take place. A full application for listed building repairs will be considered in due course.

The planning advisor agreed to keep the Parish Council updated on developments and attend other Parish Council meetings in due course.

4.MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman agreed to sign the minutes of the previous meetings of 5th May 2022 as a true record. All agreed.

5.VILLAGE HALL UPDATE

Cllr Cleugh reported that no quotes for the new build have been received from the remaining contractors, two previous contractors having declined to quote. The architect is chasing these details. 

An extension has been requested to the CAF grant which has a two-year period to run as one year has passed. The CIL grant has a four-year period to run and this will be monitored.

There is still an issue with some trees which need to be felled on land on a neighbouring property and Cllr Corroon was asked to speak to the property owners.

The Clerk presented the Village Hall accounts to 30/04/2022 and confirmed the Charity Return had been submitted.

The Clerk summarised the village hall finance as below

Village Hall Bank Reconciliation

Current account               £20,269.31

Savings account                    £35.67

Parish Council held

Village hall fund                £64,640.77

Total available                   £84945.75

All present agreed to move £18500.00 from the Village Hall current account to the Parish Council account as funds to be used for the new build.

6.PLANNING.

Applications since previous meeting: –

22/01517/FULLN, repoint and increase height of main chimney-Barn Cottage, Andover Road-no objections

22/00601/FULLN, construction of ground floor extension-Shoetree Cottage, High Street -no objections

22/00921/TREEN tree works, land adjacent to Field House- no objection

Applications to be considered

None

Confirmation of outcome from TVBC

22/00418/FULLN, erection of greenhouse, Little Cottage- no objections

22/00921/TREEN tree works, land adjacent to Field House- no objection

Cllr Barbone reported Another Place have now submitted an amended application with additional documents in respect of Amport house which can be accessed and downloaded from the TVBC planning portal.  Although the plans now finally stipulate delivery traffic movements, it is still thin on the ground on staff/ guest traffic numbers and routes to be used. She said without a doubt, Monxton High Street is likely to  be impacted. Residents have been asked via Monxton Matters to comment to TVBC.

The Parish Council agreed to submit an objection to the revised application given the concerns raised regarding increased traffic in Monxton.

7.Sunnybank & footpaths

Cllr Barbone reported the Lengthsman is regularly cutting the green and the footpaths. She said there is a slight blurring as to what is Monxton PC responsibility and what is Test Valley responsibility in cutting back weeds and keeping footpaths tidy.
She also reported concerns have been raised about the drainage ditch not being dug deep enough

at the bottom of the track by Little Cottage and also the Ash trees with Ash die back in the same location. Cllr Corroon will provide a map location for the ditch as this on highways land, The Clerk will then report this.

8.Traffic Monitoring

Cllr Cleugh explained that there is currently no councillor monitoring traffic in the village. He explained the traffic monitoring sign is powered by solar and is positioned at Sunnybank to help slow traffic. The machine collects data that can be analysed. A suggestion was made that traffic could be monitored in the High Street to provide statistics regarding traffic before and after the renovation of Amport House. A resident of the High Street has volunteered to take on this responsibility on behalf of the Parish Council and will gather data.

9. Environment

Cllr Cleugh reported Southern Water are continuing work to line sewars and private laterals to address the issue of rain water entering sewars. A presentation was held in Thruxton Village Hall and at Amport Fete to inform parishioners. Cllr Corroon commented that a consequence of this work was that rain fall now gathered in large puddles and small floods on the highway, in one area the excess water had killed some hedging.

10.FINANCE

To note balance in Lloyds bank as at 30/06/22 £84720.29

Resolved: that the following payments be approved and transactions authorised

Payments to agree-

Clerks salary £114.13 per month and HMRC £28.52 payments by SO July to Oct

Payments to be agreed/ made by bank transfer

Clerks expenses (May to July) £27.90

David Eaglesham audit £160.00

Amport PC grant Jubilee £500 (from TVBC grant)

Amport PC grant Jubilee £200

Lengthsman services (Shaun Rushton) £260.00

Broughton PC Lengthsman funds £1000

Thruxton PC lengthsman funds £1000

Charlton PC lengthsman funds £1000

Clerk Lengthsman admin £320.00

HMRC additional pay £80.00

JCP Consulting £810.00

12.Borough & County Councillor Reports.

HCC Chris Donnelly was not present

TVBC Councillor Maureen Flood was not present

13.Items for next meeting

There were no items noted for the next agenda

14.CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

15.DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 11th October 2022, 7.30pm

Have your say...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.