On Behalf of Monxton Parish Council – Updated
The Parish Council have been notified by TVBC that they have received “more than 10 letters” requesting an election for the open Parish Councillor posts – this triggers the election process.
The Parish Council have asked TVBC for clarification of the process from here and likely time-frames. An update will follow very shortly.
To read the original post on the subject click here>
After speaking with the returning officer at TVBC, we have some more clarity on how the election will proceed:
- TVBC will decide on an election date (this has to be within 60 working days of the original notice)
- Nomination forms will need to be filled out for each candidate (by those nominating), as well as a consent form from each candidate*
- TVBC will sent out a ‘Notice of Election’ that the Parish Clerk will post on the Village Hall notice board. It will also be posted on the Monxton Matters website.
- Prior to the election there will be a statement of nominations (the candidates)
- Postal votes will be allowed
*TVBC say that they will send these forms to anyone who has already written to them putting themselves forward as a candidate. Forms can also be obtained from TVBC or the Parish Clerk