Summer is nearly upon us and the countdown is on for the Amport (and Monxton) Fete which this year is on Saturday 11th July from 12.30 to 4.30pm. There are loads of exciting things planned…. the usual suspects plus a few exciting extras… all in all shaping up to be a great family day out and a proper party in the evening (from 7pm). There will be lots to see and do, and to eat and drink!
But none of it is possible without the army of willing helpers… so we’re on a recruitment drive…. HELP PLEASE! Here are some ways how…
- Volunteer – we need more hands on deck please
– to man stalls in the daytime – a couple of hours, or four would be marvellous…. stalls looking for owners are shown at the bottom of this email… all ideas welcome.
– (wo)man-power for put up (meet at 7pm on Thursday night) and take down (Sunday from 9am).. if you could let me know that’d be great.
- Donate prizes – we rely on the generosity of our lovely villagers for our amazing raffle and auction prizes. Needless to say I’d be VERY grateful for any prizes…
- Clear out your cupboards – and fill the bins in the donation stations, popping up next month in the bus shelters (accepting good quality books, bric a brac and toys).
- COME!..bring your friends and family… tickets for the evening do ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (email Kate Cavalier) – £12 for adults £6 for kids
We’re having a general get together and planning session in the Hawk Inn from 8pm on Tuesday 2nd June, come along and see how you can help out.
The proceeds from the fete go to our local charities, Amport Church, Amport School, Monxton Church and the Amport & Monxton Community Charity. The funds are much needed and greatly appreciated. So thanks in advance for your efforts.
Any other ideas, thoughts, feedback gratefully received. Keep an eye on the Amport Facebook page and website (www.amportfete.com) for updates, as well as Monxton Matters. Please get in touch with Kate Cavalier (The Old Farm, Amport. Tel:07919 036308, or click name to email) to volunteer.
Amport Fete…. the plan so far
On the day…
- Entertainment from Mullenscote Dogs, and The Hawk Conservancy
- Amport Fete Sports Day and Inaugural Egg Throwing Competition
- Horticultural and Art Competition
- Great Village Bake-Off
- Bitesize Bushcraft
- Punch & Judy
- Classic Cars & vehicles (if you have any to add to the collection get in touch with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Food and drink from our tea tent, BBQ and fete bar
- Grab a bargain from the book, bric a brac and toy stalls
- Tractor and pony rides
- Fun filled fete games… bouncy castle, bottle stall, skittles, smack the rat, treasure hunt, craft, human fruit machine, assault course, beat the goalie, Amport golf masters, coconut shy, teddy tombola… with more being added every day
In the evening…
- Hogroast and homemade salads plus a delicious pudding
- Live band
- Fabulous auction
Tickets £12 adults/£6 kids… all dietary requirements catered for
- BBQ – taking the money
- Bouncy castle
- Crack a crock
- Dog show
- Servers in the evening
Contact Kate Cavalier to volunteer please – email@example.com or call 07919036308