It has been proposed by the Boundary Commission for England that a number of parliamentary boundary changes be implemented and the number of English seats will be reduced from 533 to 501. However, as part of these changes a number of parliamentary constituencies are also changing. This includes Monxton which, if the proposals are implemented, will change from North West Hampshire to Test Valley.
See www.bce2018.org.uk for further details and see how you can comment on proposals.
What do you need to know?
- The number of constituencies in the South East region must reduce from 84 to 83
- By law, every constituency we propose must contain between 71,031 and 78,507 electors
- We largely use local government wards as the building blocks for proposed constituencies
- We try to retain existing constituencies where possible
- We try to have regard to geographic factors