Summer is here and the countdown is on for the Fete on Saturday 8th July from 12 to 4pm. There are loads of exciting things planned…. the usual suspects – plus a few exciting extras… all in all shaping up to be a great family day out and a proper party in the evening (from 7.30pm). There will be lots to see and do and to eat and drink.
But none of it is possible without the army of willing helpers… so this is a recruitment drive…. HELP PLEASE! Here are some ways how…
- Donate prizes – we rely on the generosity of our lovely villagers for our amazing raffle and auction prizes. Needless to say, we’d be VERY grateful for any prizes.
- Volunteer– we need more hands on deck please
– to man stalls in the daytime – one hour, a couple of hours, or four would be marvellous….
– (wo)manpower for put up (meet at 7pm on Thursday night) and take down (Sunday from 9am).. if you could let Kate Cavalier know that’d be great
- Clear out your cupboards – and fill the bins in the donation stations, popping up in a week in the bus shelters (accepting good quality books, bric-a-brac, second hand jewellery/accessories (belts, hats, scarves, bags etc) and toys) – plus bottles to go to the school; craft/jams/cakes/local produce to the craft stall on the day
- COME ALONG!.. bring your friends and family… tickets for the evening party are ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete) – £15 for adults £8 for kids
The proceeds from the fete go to our local charities, the Amport church, the school, the Monxton church, the village hall and the Amport and Monxton Community Charity. The funds are much needed and greatly appreciated. So thanks in advance for your efforts.
Any other ideas, thoughts, feedback gratefully received.
Please get in touch with Kate Cavalier on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07919 036308
Amport and Monxton Fete…. a quick summary
On the day…
- Entertainment from Mullenscote Dogs, The Hawk Conservancy, Test Valley Brass Band
- Dog show with prizes for the waggiest tail, best junior handler, gorgeous girl, handsome hound and musical sit!
- Amport Fete Sports Day
- Horticultural and Art Competition (entry form here – Horticultural Show Entry 2017)
- Great Village Bake Off
- Classic Cars (if you have any to add to the collection get in touch with email@example.com)
- Food and drink from our tea tent, BBQ and fete bar
- Grab a bargain from the books, bric-a-brac, fashion accessories, and toy stalls
- Tractor and pony rides
- Fun-filled fete games… face painting, bottle stall, skittles, smack the rat, human fruit machine, nerf gun target range, welly wanging, assault course, beat the goalie, coconut shy, tombola… the list goes on!
In the evening…
- Fantastic hog roast
- Fully stocked bar, with ‘pop up’ from Test Valley Gin
- Live band
- Fabulous auction (prizes to be announced soon – please get in touch with Kate if you can donate anything)
- Tickets £15 adults/£8 kids… all dietary requirements catered for
- Tickets are ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete)