The Amport & Monxton Community Charity have had leaflets printed for every household in Monxton & Amport explaining the location and use of the defibrillator that is at The Hawk Inn.
We would really appreciate it if some lovely volunteers could distribute these leaflets around both villages please.
Click here to see a copy of the Defibrillator leaflet
If you can help please contact Sarah Dowding on 710375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer is here and the countdown is on for the Fete on Saturday 8th July from 12 to 4pm. There are loads of exciting things planned…. the usual suspects – plus a few exciting extras… all in all shaping up to be a great family day out and a proper party in the evening (from 7.30pm). There will be lots to see and do and to eat and drink.
But none of it is possible without the army of willing helpers… so this is a recruitment drive…. HELP PLEASE! Here are some ways how…
- Donate prizes – we rely on the generosity of our lovely villagers for our amazing raffle and auction prizes. Needless to say, we’d be VERY grateful for any prizes.
- Volunteer– we need more hands on deck please
– to man stalls in the daytime – one hour, a couple of hours, or four would be marvellous….
– (wo)manpower for put up (meet at 7pm on Thursday night) and take down (Sunday from 9am).. if you could let Kate Cavalier know that’d be great
- Clear out your cupboards – and fill the bins in the donation stations, popping up in a week in the bus shelters (accepting good quality books, bric-a-brac, second hand jewellery/accessories (belts, hats, scarves, bags etc) and toys) – plus bottles to go to the school; craft/jams/cakes/local produce to the craft stall on the day
- COME ALONG!.. bring your friends and family… tickets for the evening party are ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete) – £15 for adults £8 for kids
The proceeds from the fete go to our local charities, the Amport church, the school, the Monxton church, the village hall and the Amport and Monxton Community Charity. The funds are much needed and greatly appreciated. So thanks in advance for your efforts.
Any other ideas, thoughts, feedback gratefully received.
Please get in touch with Kate Cavalier on email@example.com or 07919 036308
Amport and Monxton Fete…. a quick summary
On the day…
- Entertainment from Mullenscote Dogs, The Hawk Conservancy, Test Valley Brass Band
- Dog show with prizes for the waggiest tail, best junior handler, gorgeous girl, handsome hound and musical sit!
- Amport Fete Sports Day
- Horticultural and Art Competition (entry form here – Horticultural Show Entry 2017)
- Great Village Bake Off
- Classic Cars (if you have any to add to the collection get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Food and drink from our tea tent, BBQ and fete bar
- Grab a bargain from the books, bric-a-brac, fashion accessories, and toy stalls
- Tractor and pony rides
- Fun-filled fete games… face painting, bottle stall, skittles, smack the rat, human fruit machine, nerf gun target range, welly wanging, assault course, beat the goalie, coconut shy, tombola… the list goes on!
In the evening…
- Fantastic hog roast
- Fully stocked bar, with ‘pop up’ from Test Valley Gin
- Live band
- Fabulous auction (prizes to be announced soon – please get in touch with Kate if you can donate anything)
- Tickets £15 adults/£8 kids… all dietary requirements catered for
- Tickets are ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete)
Tickets are nearly sold out for Supper on the Green, and tickets will not be available on the day, so please BOOK NOW!
The after fete party kicks off at 7.30pm on Amport Green. Come along and enjoy a delicious supper, cocktails and fully stocked bar.
Tickets are £12 for Adults and £6 for children age 11 and under
Available online here: http://buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete
It isn’t a hog roast this year (as we enjoyed one of those at the street party) so instead we’ve got a fantastic menu designed by WildMint, amazing local caterers incorporating local fresh produce into their home-cooked food. All dietary needs catered for – just let us know in advance please.
As well as our fabulous fete bar, with Neil and his infamous beer selection and a choice of Berry Brothers wine (available to pre-order), we will be serving a couple of special aperitifs from a pop-up cocktail bar.
Once again, we have the wonderful Re:play providing live music… sure to get everyone on their feet and dancing.
All are welcome, and it is a family friendly evening.
Amport School PTA will be organising and manning the tea tent at the Village Fete on Saturday 9 July, along with a number of other stalls, and we would be enormously grateful for offers of help on the day to:
- set up from 8.30am
- serve between the hours of 12.30pm and 4.30pm
- clear away the Tea Tent before the evening bash
In addition we are appealing to all budding bakers to donate a cake (or two!) for the stall. Although large cakes to slice and sell on the day go down very well, it doesn’t matter if you are a Mary Berry or simply want to buy something and donate it – ALL donations gratefully received.
We know a lot of people are helping on other stalls too, but if you are able to bake/donate a cake, and/or help out on the day, even just for an hour, please could you contact Louise Horne on 07776 050 806 or email email@example.com.
Many muscles make light work!
Saturday 9th July 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Please join us for an afternoon of traditional family fete fun. Lots of wonderful stalls, tractor and pony rides, the village horticultural show, classic cars and a full schedule of entertainment. We have Punch and Judy, Bushcraft, the Hawk Conservancy, Mullenscote Dogs and our village school country dancers to entertain you. The fete games in the arena will include a dog show so do bring your four-legged friends with you. And the tea tent, barbecue and Neil’s bar will be on hand to keep you fed, watered and energy levels high!
Donations of bric a brac, toys and books gratefully received at the donation stations
in the village bus shelter – thank you.
Supper on the Green
Saturday 9th July 7.30pm to late
The after-fete party kicks off at 7.30pm on the Green. Come along and enjoy a delicious supper, cocktails and fully stocked bar. We have the wonderful Re:play providing live music, which is sure to get everyone on their feet and dancing. All welcome, and all dietary needs catered for.
Tickets £12 for Adults and £6 for children 11 and under
Available online here:
The Amport & Monxton Community Charity is looking for a new Trustee from Monxton, as we ideally have three trustees from each village. Meetings are held a few times each year and it’s chance to help enhance your community.
The Amport and Monxton Community Charity was founded in November 2013 as a way to support local community projects. The Charity is established as a charitable trust, with six trustees all of whom are residents in the villages, and objects as follows:
- To improve the parishes of Amport and Monxton for the benefit of the inhabitants of the area
- To encourage the goodwill and involvement of the wider community
- To foster community spirit
- To support local community groups and projects
The charity is a beneficiary of the annual Village Fete as well as some other community events. The Charity also applies for grant funding for specific projects. So far AMCC has arranged a paediatric first-aid course, for parents and grandparents in the villages; tours of Amport House for locals in spring 2014; created a village map of local walks and footpaths; and installed a defibrillator at The Hawk Inn.
Kate Cavalier (Amport)
Neil Warren (Amport)
Emma Jones (Amport)
Gemma Pearce (Monxton)
Sarah Dowding (Monxton)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining please.
Monxton and Amport are planning a street party in Monxton on Saturday 11th June to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday. We are having a village meeting on Wednesday 16th March (7-7.45pm), to have the input from as many people as possible to see what residents would like to see or do to commemorate the event. Do come along and get involved please!