UPDATE 2/3/21 21.30
** we need to know of bulk donations coming in and get a LOT more people volunteering here to box ** we also need so many cardboard boxes please **
Donations can come in but if you have time please label them and sort them. If you have many donations like 7 big bags let me know first.
* Adult clothes are not a priority at the moment
* Medicines. First aid kits and Blankets (not duvets) are a priority
Bring in what we asked already but if you can send clothes to the charity shops if not sorted … or hang on till we box and ship more important items needed at present then that gives the refugees what they need. And you can still donate them to the refugees that are coming to the UK who desperately need these.
*FYI clothes take a lot longer to sort and check and we know that is no longer a desperate need as Poland was inundated with clothes.
THIS IS GOING SO VERY WELL.
* Today we had an emergency call for blankets and medicines. We sent that van with an incredible amount of boxes. That van is going straight to the distribution front line in Poland. The guy driving will text me and tell me EXACTLY what is needed and we will then let you know.
* Today we also checked, boxed, labelled and moved 2 TONNES of 12 PALLETTES from Amport Church to the lorry pick up (thank you Able & Cole and all the volunteers especially as there were not many but they worked so VERY hard)
* We need MORE VOLUNTEERS but everyone… oh my… was incredible. We were like a machine and we did more than all of us could believe. So hats off and so many praises to the volunteers who relentlessly stayed all day or most of it and worked their socks off.
One more thing I want to say.
* we had tears of pain and happiness of kindness and emotions at times high mainly touched by the amazing effort by all from big to small.
* we paused each and every volunteer to take a moment at how overwhelmingly amazing some of the items were or the sheer volume of new stuff you got and we all know we need.
* the volunteers were so hard working we have all been shocked how we did so much and have done our best to receive stuff tomorrow.
It really is a blessing to see! We have a very amazing town of people!
Volunteer time at:
* St. Mary’s Church, Amport, SP11 8BW > Best location 10am to 5.45pm (looking to extend this)
* if we need drivers to take things to Able & Co (where the lorry is) then I will do another post.
Thanks, Kristan Barraclough