You are invited to
a new service at Monxton church
finding God – being found by God
Sunday 15th October 4pm
3.45pm: hot chocolate and doughnuts
4.00pm-ish: worship begins
4.45pm: home time!
We want you to feel welcome and at ease – so no dressing-up, no books – (everything on data projector)
Featuring: “Strictly Doughnut”: can your dad eat one without licking his lips? And what has this to do with the love of God?
And if we don’t laugh a lot we’ve missed out on the nature of God
See YOU there
PS keyboard, sax and guitar band. Would you like to join in? (any age)
Matthew – 07960 299 434 and email@example.com
More than 30 Counties throughout England (and more recently Wales) are involved in the sponsored Ride and Stride.
This takes place on the second Saturday of September between 10am and 6pm.
This year the date is 9th September 2017
You can cycle, walk, run, or ride to raise money for the region’s historic churches and chapels of all denominations. Participants seek sponsorship to visit as many churches on the yearly list as they wish. They plan their own route and set their own speed. The money raised by each participant is equally divided between the historic churches trust in their region and the church of their choice.
This year David Baugh will be cycling to raise money for our local church, St Mary’s Monxton.
Please support St Mary’s by sponsoring David by telephone on 710641 or via https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/david-baugh.
Mitchell and Blue specialises in hosting origami workshops for adults, kids and rehab care (Mostly PTSD). There will be an origami workshop on the 31st August at Abbotts Ann Village Hall at 10am – 12.30pm.
The class is open for children from 8 years and older …. including adults!
Tickets are £20 each which includes all the whacky papers, rhinestone and wiggles eye embellishments plus refreshments.
The workshop is in aid of The Piggles Trust – a local charity.
Please call 07957 815843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Summer is here and the countdown is on for the Fete on Saturday 8th July from 12 to 4pm. There are loads of exciting things planned…. the usual suspects – plus a few exciting extras… all in all shaping up to be a great family day out and a proper party in the evening (from 7.30pm). There will be lots to see and do and to eat and drink.
But none of it is possible without the army of willing helpers… so this is a recruitment drive…. HELP PLEASE! Here are some ways how…
- Donate prizes – we rely on the generosity of our lovely villagers for our amazing raffle and auction prizes. Needless to say, we’d be VERY grateful for any prizes.
- Volunteer– we need more hands on deck please
– to man stalls in the daytime – one hour, a couple of hours, or four would be marvellous….
– (wo)manpower for put up (meet at 7pm on Thursday night) and take down (Sunday from 9am).. if you could let Kate Cavalier know that’d be great
- Clear out your cupboards – and fill the bins in the donation stations, popping up in a week in the bus shelters (accepting good quality books, bric-a-brac, second hand jewellery/accessories (belts, hats, scarves, bags etc) and toys) – plus bottles to go to the school; craft/jams/cakes/local produce to the craft stall on the day
- COME ALONG!.. bring your friends and family… tickets for the evening party are ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete) – £15 for adults £8 for kids
The proceeds from the fete go to our local charities, the Amport church, the school, the Monxton church, the village hall and the Amport and Monxton Community Charity. The funds are much needed and greatly appreciated. So thanks in advance for your efforts.
Any other ideas, thoughts, feedback gratefully received.
Please get in touch with Kate Cavalier on email@example.com or 07919 036308
Amport and Monxton Fete…. a quick summary
On the day…
- Entertainment from Mullenscote Dogs, The Hawk Conservancy, Test Valley Brass Band
- Dog show with prizes for the waggiest tail, best junior handler, gorgeous girl, handsome hound and musical sit!
- Amport Fete Sports Day
- Horticultural and Art Competition (entry form here – Horticultural Show Entry 2017)
- Great Village Bake Off
- Classic Cars (if you have any to add to the collection get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Food and drink from our tea tent, BBQ and fete bar
- Grab a bargain from the books, bric-a-brac, fashion accessories, and toy stalls
- Tractor and pony rides
- Fun-filled fete games… face painting, bottle stall, skittles, smack the rat, human fruit machine, nerf gun target range, welly wanging, assault course, beat the goalie, coconut shy, tombola… the list goes on!
In the evening…
- Fantastic hog roast
- Fully stocked bar, with ‘pop up’ from Test Valley Gin
- Live band
- Fabulous auction (prizes to be announced soon – please get in touch with Kate if you can donate anything)
- Tickets £15 adults/£8 kids… all dietary requirements catered for
- Tickets are ON SALE NOW… so get them before it is a sell out (www.buytickets.at/amportandmonxtonfete)