MPC Minutes 16th October 2018

Minutes of the Monxton Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 16th October 2018 in the Monxton Village Hall at 7.30pm.

Present: Cllr M Cleugh – Chairman, Cllr S Dowding – Vice Chairman, Cllr J Balding, Cllr P Weston, Richard Waterman – Parish Clerk, Mrs P Kitson – Village Hall Chairman
Members of the Public – 18
Apologies: Borough Councillor Mr B Few-Brown and County Councillor Mrs Z Brooks

WELCOME – The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS – There were no declarations of interest recorded

VILLAGE HALL UP-DATE – Penny Kitson, Village Hall Chairman.
Penny Kitson gave a comprehensive presentation on the results of the Village Hall Survey. 178 responses were received from Monxton and Amport Villages. 58% from Monxton and 42% from Amport. There was an overall majority to move the Village Hall to a new site. The Black Swan Car Park is the site under discussion.
The results of the survey will be put on the Village Website.
The recent fund-raising event made a £16,000 profit. Amport Parish Council have given £4,750 towards the project. The match funding pot now stands at £50,000. The proposed new Village Hall will aim to be eco-friendly and economically self-sustaining. The building will be promoted as a Community Hub, and a competition to find a better name will be held in the future.
Those present were in full support of the project and thought that the Village Hall Team have done some amazing work to get to this stage.

The Chairman opened the meeting to a Questions and Answer session on the proposed Village Hall project:
QUESTION: Will the Black Swan Car park site be freehold or leasehold?
ANSWER: Freehold. If the freehold is not obtained, there will be no deal.

QUESTION: Why was the Public Meeting on the 18th August 2018 cancelled and why was a further meeting not scheduled?
ANSWER: The Chairman apologised but unforeseen circumstances meant the August meeting could not go ahead. All the information was posted on the Website.

QUESTION: Why is there no artists impression of what the new building will look like on the proposed site, this makes it hard to visualize what is being proposed?
ANSWER: At this stage of the project it is not wise to spend resources on Architects fees.

QUESTION: What will the total cost of the project be?
ANSWER: In the region of £500,000 with a £50,000 contingency fund. It is estimated that the build costs will be in the region of £300,000 – £350,000.

QUESTION: What is the risk if the build cost goes over budget, where will the funding come from?
ANSWER: The Chairman explained the Community Infrastructure Levy funding at length (CIL). The CIL allows for a contingency to be built-in to cover an overspend. It is also possible to make further applications for CIL funding. Test Valley Borough Council have expressed full support for a CIL application from Monxton.
The Chairman stated that other forms of funding are also been investigated.

QUESTION: What is the process to proceed with this project?
ANSWER: The Chairman explained the process.
1. A ‘Red Book’ Survey needs to be done to value the land of both the Black Swan
Car Park and the Current Village Hall site.
2. Specialists will then be engaged – Solicitors and Architects.
3. Planning Permissions will need to be submitted.
4. An application for CIL funding will them be submitted.

QUESTION: What is the size of the proposed new building?
ANSWER: Roughly the same size as the current Village Hall. 10M X 20M with the addition of a mezzanine floor.

QUESTION: Have other Village Halls in the area been surveyed on their usage?
ANSWER: The Clerk reported that he is the Booking Clerk for the Fairground Hall at Weyhill. Due to the size of their car park they obviously hold big events for up to 160 people. However, the mainstay of the income is Children’s Birthday Parties, Keep Fit classes and small groups hiring the hall.

QUESTION: Has a Developer been identified?
ANSWER: Talks are ongoing with DC Li Builders the owners of the Black Swan. However, three quotes will be required to meet the criteria for the CIL funding.

QUESTION: It was thought that there will be many questions from the village over the coming months about this project. Will there be a forum for residents to register their questions?
ANSWER: Residents can submit questions through the website or forward to one of the Parish Councillors. There will be further consultation with the Village to build momentum for the project. The Chairman thanked those present for their questions and close the Question and Answer session.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY.
Cllr S Dowding proposed that Penny Kitson be co-opted onto the Parish Council to fill the vacancy. This was seconded by Cllr J Balding. All agreed.
Penny Kitson signed the Declaration of Office and was given the Declaration of Interests and Data protection Forms. The Chairman welcomed Cllr P Kitson onto the Parish Council.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record.

VILLAGE HALL PROPOSAL
Cllr P Kitson proposed that the Monxton Parish Council support the Villagers majority vote to move forward with a new village hall on a new site on the Black Swan Car park and appoint a surveyor to undertake a Red Book survey and in addition professional advisors (Solicitor and Surveyor/Architect). This was seconded by Cllr S Dowding. All agreed.

PLANNING.
• Barn Cottage 18/01549/FULLN:
• Demolition of existing double garage and erection of a double garage & accommodation on a new 1st floor.
• MPC objection
• Application withdrawn

• Paisley House (formerly JEVVON) planning application 18/01956/FULLN
• Installation of dormer windows to replace the Velux windows to allow top floor attic to be converted to two additional bedrooms
• MPC objection
• Application approved by TVBC

• Issues with Nelsons lorries going through Monxton
• No major feedback from villagers over last 2 months
• EA have confirmed that they will be taking legal proceedings currently

• Alpine/Penchards – Abbotts Ann Manor Farm
• Outline planning proposal presented to MPC in March
• Presentation at Abbotts Ann in September local support is positive
• Potential for a planning application to be presented in the near future
• Who would support the application to build houses at Manor Farm.

FINANCE
Financial Report – 1 st April 2018 to 16th October 2018

INCOME.
Opening Balance 1/4/18 = £ 831.90
Precept = £6,200.00
CIL Funding = £3,703.12
= £10,735.02

EXPENDITURE.
Wages = £700.00
Insurance = £350.35
Village Maintenance = £1,001.00
Speed Sign Programme = £300.00
Church – Mower Service = £134.39
Audit = £340.00
Dog and Rubbish Bin Empty = £333.00

= £3,158.74
= £7,576.28
Bank Balance 16th October 2018
Parish Council £ 7,576.28
Reserves £ 6,000.00
Village Hall £ 7,523.35
£21,099.63

ENVIRONMENT AND FOOTPATHS – Cllr J Balding
• Lengthsman Scheme
• Local contractors will be appointed
• Proposal: sign a contract with HCC to have Monxton as its own Cluster and Thruxton as a member – each to appoint a local contractor. Proposer: Judith Balding; Seconder: Mike Cleugh
• Overview of the scheme
• Issues with the current scheme (Cluster) run by Penton Mewsey for HCC
• Monxton to set up their own cluster joined by Thruxton
• Monies from HCC directly controlled by MPC
• Lengthsman Scheme
• Local contractors will be appointed
• Proposal: sign a contract with HCC to have Monxton as its own Cluster and Thruxton as a member – each to appoint a local contractor. Proposer: Judith Balding; Seconder: Mike Cleugh
• Footpaths
• Part of a fallen dead tree covered in Ivy blocked the Hook Lane Bridleway and had to be removed.  Otherwise no reported problems.
• A new Footpaths Representative is required, please contact the PC if you regularly walk the footpaths and would like to volunteer for the position.

MONXTON AND AMPORT WEBSITES – Cllr S Dowding
• Merge much of the info on both the Monxton and Amport websites.
• Each village website will retain the issues that relate to Monxton and Amport Parish Council matters, Church and history.
• Parish Clerks will manage the relevant Parish Council sections
• David Baugh will do Church section
• Each village web address will still work

TRAFFIC – Cllr P Weston
Cllr P Weston reported on the data collected from the Flashing Speed Sign.
• Total 16827 records
• 34% (5668) under 30 MPH
• 67% (11159) above 30 MPH +
• 34% (5574) at 35 MPH +
• Max speed recorded above 75 MPH
Cllr P Weston stated that the data can be collated over the coming months to put together a report on speeding to be presented to the Police.

Two further sites were identified for the speed sign. Broad lane and Abbots Ann Road. Cllr P Weston asked for help when siting the Speed Sign as it is a two-man job.

SUNNYBANK – Cllr P Weston
• The Farm has spread the muck that was too close to the path – Min.10 metres
• Nothing to be stored there for at least 12 months
• Traffic Sign Information

CLOSE OF THE MEETING
The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
15th January 2019 at 7.30pm in the Monxton Village Hall

Have your say...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.